Tuesday, June 12, 2012

blogenre

Some many most blogs have a genre, a general topic about which the blogger can write with some authority. Recipes. Vegan recipes. Their homes and families. Home renovations. Healthcare IT. Themselves via Internet safety. And so on and so forth.

I have incredible readers and blog supporters. (I love you! *wink*) And there are a lot of you. When I started really thinking about it, I felt a little intimidated and got to wondering why the hell any of you read this. I mean, really.

My blog, unlike all those informative ones linked above, provides essentially no value. Not gonna learn anything here...



... and that's a promise.

I bounced this whole concept off my boyfriend. He said all the right supportive things and, the more we talked and I thought about it, the closer I came to a conclusion:

Other people's blogs are like the National Geographic or HGTV of blogs. 

Mine, on the other hand, is the USA Network of blogs.

USA Network isn't the channel you flip to when you want to enrich your life. But you might stop on an episode of NCIS for a while just to tune out the rest of the noise in your life.

So thanks for stopping by. There won't be a quiz. Click on all the ads.

No comments:

Post a Comment