Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Elvira Hancock by Revlon

Recently at the nearby Super Target, Revlon nail polish was on sale for, like, free and I couldn't resist picking up a few new colors.

I knew Kate would show her enthusiasm, and possibly drive straight to the store.

See, I justify my extensive (and ever-growing) collection of nail polish options by doing girl math.

Salon manicure costs $30
- New nail polish color is maybe $6
I saved about $24



Gray Suede by Revlon, about a week after the initial painting.

In the '90s, we often emulated the fashion of the '60s. I personally rocked the center-parted long hair and bell bottoms all through high school. 

In the '00s, we emulated the '70s. Don't believe me? Watch Anchor Man and tell me Ron Burgundy ain't quite the catch.

In the '10s (if we can agree to call this decade the '10s, which I think is still up for debate) the '80s are back. Neon colors and leggings and side-ponytails and the auto-tune. LOVE IT. This trend rightfully extends to nail polish.

I went for dinner with a friend and made her play the guess-my-nail-polish-inspiration. She didn't guess Elvira from Scarface -- pretty obscure, admittedly. Once I explained it, however, and even did a little impersonation complete with coked-up far-off stare and weird slow-motion dancing-while-standing-still, she totally understood. She was also very proud of the length of my nails.


My inspiration.

Until I broke one.



Dating is so difficult, but at least I have great nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment