Wednesday, May 23, 2012

jump jump tow


This is the real short version of what's a much longer story. In fact, it got so long that even I got bored while writing it, so to spare you that snoozefest I summarized into 15 (!!!) short items. 


At 9:00a on Tuesday, Truck failed to start.


I had a guy jump-start Truck. 


At 10:00, Truck acted weird and then failed to start again. 


I had another guy attempt to jump-start Truck again, but nothing happened so around 11:00 the dealership sent out a tow truck.


Cue Edgar Winters' song "Free Ride"




He towed Truck and me to the dealership where Truck happily drove right off the tow truck like nothing at all was wrong. WTF? Sometimes he can be a little bit of a brat. 


Service Manager Bob says they need the afternoon to perform diagnostic tests on Truck.


Five hours later, Bob requested to keep Truck overnight to see what happens in the morning, saying it’ll be ready by the end of the day tomorrow, so I sign a $2800 estimate for the following: continued diagnostic work, 75,000-mile maintenance, several other mechanical issues the crew identified in the course of their investigations, and replacement windshield wipers and a rear license plate light-bulb.


At 3:00p on Wednesday, I call Bob to check on Truck’s progress; Bob informs me that the windshield wipers and light bulbs have been replaced, and no other work has taken place. I laid into him sufficiently to draw out my cube neighbors.


Bob promises to complete the work so I can pick up my vehicle the next day; I insist on a new estimate which I pick up on my way home.


On Thursday I speak with Bob several times to ensure the right work will be done on schedule; by the afternoon, he informs me they will need another day with Truck so I drive the loaner home.


On Friday I speak with Bob several times because I’m a glutton for punishment and by the afternoon he finally admits they will not have the work complete and since the shop is closed weekends I won’t see Truck again till Monday.


On Monday I speak with Bob several times and he finally arranges to drop off Truck at my workplace and pick up the loaner.

Whew. I'm exhausted. And if my customer satisfaction survey holds any water, Bob is screwed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment