Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Destroyed like

I just destroyed my first weight loss goal...

... like Harry Potter with a horcrux, or
     ... like a border collie with a plush toy, or
          ... like Charlie Sheen and a lucrative TV career, or
               ... like Buffy does in a vampire, or
                    ... like a chubby girl with a bag of Tostitos, or
                         ... like American Idol and pop culture, or
                              ... like a desperate housewife and her best friend's marriage, or
                                   ... like Greece and their economy, or
                                        ... like a hangover with an early-morning flight, or
                                             ... like Ryan Reynolds in the role of the Green Lantern, or
                                                  ... like bleaching a perfectly good head of curly brown hair, or
                                                       ... like video killed the radio star.



33 fatty-patties* gone!

Apparently I achieved this milestone sometime last week while I wasn't even paying attention (to the scale). I'm now no longer carrying around weight equivalent to 4 gallons of water, 10 cans of crisco, a young grizzly bear, or an adult Welsh corgie.

I mean, he's cute and all, but I don't need him strapped to my thighs anymore.

Here are a few things that absolutely make a difference for me:
  • A consistent workout schedule (more on this in an upcoming article) with a great workout buddy, Carissa
  • Bringing my lunch to work every day
  • Eating five small meals a day
  • No drinking on school nights (for the most part)
  • No food after 7:00p
  • MyFitnessPal.com which, between the website and the app, provide me with daily motivation, accountability, support, and tools
I plan to celebrate this milestone not with more stuff, but rather with an experience that will reinforce my hard work.

Two options come to mind: a 60-minute massage or a weekend trip to Devils Lake. The massage would certainly feel good on some sore muscles, and the weather this Sunday should be quite nice for this time of year. Hm. Maybe both.

*pounds

5 comments:

  1. amazing facts, lighter bod, not as much to take around! inspiring... congrats siobhan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I think you should hike Devils Lake then get the massage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pam! It's been a lot more fun losing the weight than it was gaining it.

    Nicole - I'm thinking we should eventually celebrate with another trip to Maui. Just sayin'.

    Tavia - I completely agree. Gotta squeeze the last little bit outta my 2011 State Parks sticker, anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very proud of you, Hon! Keep it up!! And I like the massage reward idea. :)

    ReplyDelete