Wednesday, April 18, 2012

flossing

I floss every day, usually while driving to work in the morning using those little floss stick thingies.






That seems like good multi-tasking. And, from what I've heard read on the internet learned, good oral hygiene can help protect my heart health. Interesting. From WebMD.com:


According to the American Academy of Periodontology, 
people with periodontal disease are almost twice as likely to have 
coronary artery disease (also called heart disease). 
And one study found that the presence of common problems in the mouth, 
including gum disease (gingivitis), cavities, and missing teeth, 
were as good at predicting heart disease as cholesterol levels.



Here's my opinion on the matter. Good oral hygiene is likely an indicator of other healthy habits. People who brush and floss daily and visit the dentist regularly may also be more likely to get good sleep, drink enough water, exercise, and eat right. 

I brush mah tooth with this here moonshine
Healthy teeth doesn't result from or lead to a healthy heart. In other words, I don't believe there's a cause-and-effect relationship. 


I could be wrong. There could be no correlation. But I bet I'm not wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment