Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ask your answer-box

In this day and age, we don't need to speculate. You can retire the phrases "I wonder [if]..." and "do you know...."

Just ask your smart phone answer-box. I assure you there's an app for that.

Bing and Wikipedia, two of my favorite sites, provide me with more information than I can process. Wikipedia in particular is my favorite place to get lost. One article leads to another leads to another. Satisfies my curiosity. But use a little restraint. 

Answer Box Etiquette
  • Don't use it during a meal you're sharing with others
  • Do sneak a peek if your companion(s) step away for a moment
  • Don't talk on it while walking the aisles at the Fitchburg Super Target
  • Do download a free list-maker app and use that to keep track of what groceries and household items to buy (many app bloggers and I recommend NoteMasterLt for the iPhone) and do use the cute little pics from the Spell Number app to make your list unboring
  • Don't use it while you're driving. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment